Pozi Connect for M1s
Victorian Municipalities: Want freedom from M1 reporting complexity?
Meet Pozi Connect for M1s
Pozi Connect is a Geographic Information System (GIS) data-processing tool that aggregates your property and rates data with the latest Vicmap data from the Victorian Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning (DELWP). The robust Pozi application compares the data, determines edits needed and generates your M1 forms – automatically.
Pozi Connect simplifies a complicated and time-consuming reporting process.
- Banish double handling and risk of error.
- Eliminate huge and unwieldy spreadsheets.
- Produce comprehensive anomaly reports automatically.
- Clean data more intelligently and effectively.
Maximum connectivity with vendor-neutral solution
Connect systems and software. Pozi Connect works with all systems.
Aggregate and compare information. Pozi Connect combines information from your council and the Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning (DELWP), and compares it for more accurate reporting across the board.
Let’s get technical
Pozi Connect is a powerful application that translates and processes geographical data. You don’t need to be subscribed to the Pozi web GIS platform. Pozi Connect will integrate all your existing property and rates systems and aggregate the information to populate your M1 and then generate your reports.
Pozi Connect for M1s works with all property and rates systems, including:
- Infor Pathway
- Civica Authority
- TechnologyOne Property & Rating/Proclaim
- AusSoft Property.Gov
- Lynx Rating Manager
- Fujitsu 2000Plus
- IT Vision SynergySoft
Let’s get functional
The automated process of Pozi Connect means less training time for your people to process your property data.
With Pozi Connect, you can:
- Ensure that DELWP information mirrors that of your council.
- Compare property and rates data with Vicmap on demand.
- Maintain accurate records easily and efficiently.
- Secure your future with less reliance on purpose-trained individuals.
- Reduce errors due to double entry and human intervention.
- Free up capital for more strategic use.
- Improve delivery of services with accurate location information.
- Ensure emergency services get to where they need to be.
- Generate accurate parcel descriptions for the Valuer General.
Is there any online documentation?
Check out our online User Guide.
How does Pozi Connect for M1s differ from the Common Ground M1 solution?
Common Ground was Groundtruth's first attempt at assisting councils with their M1 reporting. As a MapInfo plugin, it was popular enough to be implemented by over half of Victorian councils, but it had its limitations:
- required all property changes to be tracked by council staff
- involved looking up each property in the GIS to make the necessary changes
- only limited reporting for identifying discrepancies
- required MapInfo Professional, at a time when councils are looking to reduce their dependencies on proprietary GIS software
Pozi Connect provides a fundamental upgrade to councils' M1 reporting process. It saves the council time and effort and improves the accuracy of its GIS by automatically generating M1 reports directly from the council's property database, rather than relying on staff to track and record each property and address change.
What happens when the council's property information is not complete or has errors?
Pozi Connect takes a "conservative" approach when it encounters missing or ambiguous information in the property system. For instance, it doesn't "unmatch" any properties that have missing property information.
Running Pozi Connect only ever improves the match rate, ensuring that your GIS becomes more effective, and reducing the number of times that staff (or emergency services) cannot find a property.
The application also provides highly detailed audit reports that enable you to identify exactly the kind of discrepancies remaining in the property system and gradually fill in the gaps to get you closer to a 100% match rate.
Who's using Pozi Connect?
- Moreland City Council
- Glen Eira City Council
- City of Monash
- Maribyrnong City Council
- City of Stonnington
- Maroondah City Council
- Kingston City Council
- Manningham City Council
- Knox City Council
- Frankston City Council
- City of Greater Dandenong
- Hobsons Bay City Council
- City of Casey
- Melton City Council
- City of Greater Bendigo
- Rural City of Wangaratta
- Greater Shepparton City Council
- City of Ballarat
- Warrnambool City Council
- Horsham Rural City Council
- Swan Hill Rural City Council
- Ararat Rural City Council
- Nillumbik Shire Council
- Mornington Peninsula Shire Council
- Shire of Yarra Ranges
- Macedon Ranges Shire Council
- South Gippsland Shire Council
- Corangamite Shire Council
- Mount Alexander Shire Council
- Cardinia Shire Council
- Bass Coast Shire Council
- Baw Baw Shire Council
- Shire of Campaspe
- Murrindindi Shire Council
- Loddon Shire Council
- East Gippsland Shire Council
- Colac Otway Shire Council
- Buloke Shire Council
- Towong Shire Council
- Indigo Shire Council
- Alpine Shire Council
- Golden Plains Shire Council
- Surf Coast Shire Council
- Hindmarsh Shire Council
- Mitchell Shire Council
- Latrobe City Council
- Wellington Shire Council
- Moira Shire Council
- Strathbogie Shire Council
- Northern Grampians Shire Council
- West Wimmera Shire Council
- Mansfield Shire Council
What's involved in the implementation of Pozi Connect for M1s?
The council sends Groundtruth a data extract from their property system. Within two to three weeks, Groundtruth will configure a custom profile for the council's data. Groundtruth will then come onsite to install Pozi Connect, generate the first M1, and discuss the results and data maintenance tips with key staff in a training session. There is no interruption to the working of the property system during the installation.
Does Pozi Connect make changes to my property system?
Pozi Connect makes no changes to the property system. It uses the information that council staff already entered into the property system to make the corresponding update to Vicmap (via the M1). It avoids the usual double-handling that typically happens when councils make a change in the property system (i.e., someone updates the council's database and also records it on an M1). Pozi Connect avoids this by just accessing the information directly from the property system.
Want to know more about simplifying reporting with Pozi Connect for M1s?
We’d love to show you how Pozi Connect can improve your reporting cycle. Please call us on 03 9017 6850 for a demonstration or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.